BVDU BCAT – Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune MCA Entrance Test 2017
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University ( BVDU ), Pune will conduct B-CAT 2017 for admission into 3 years full time Master of Computer Application ( MCA ) program for the academic session 2017-18. The notification for Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune BVDU B-CAT MCA Entrance Test 2017 has been announced.
Intake for MCA Programme Including Lateral Entry
- Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development, Pune ( Intake : MCA – 60 )
- Institute of Management, Kolhapur. ( Intake : MCA – 60 )
- Institute of Management and Rural Development, Administration, Sangli. ( Intake : MCA – 30 )
- Yashwantrao Mohite Institute of Management, Karad. ( Intake : MCA – 60 )
- Abhijit Kadam Institute of Management and Social Sciences, Solapur. ( Intake : MCA – 30 )
- The seats will be filled on merit, based on their performance in “B-CAT 2017 Test”, conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University at the designated centers.
- One seat over and above the sanctioned intake of the program at each center is reserved for sons and daughters of migrants from J & K valley, Defence and Civil Service personnel engaged in fighting against terrorist activities in J & K valley (D.O. No. F10-1/2003-Desk (U) dated 5-12-2003). The candidates to be admitted against these seats must have appeared at the B-CAT 2017 conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Pune.
Note : Out of the sanctioned intake, 15% seats are reserved for Foreign / N.R.I. / P.I.O. /OCI/ Management Merit Category. Candidates desirious of getting admission under this category will have to apply separately on prescribed application form and submit the same to the Registrar Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Pune. Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign / NRI / PIO / OCI / Merit students will be allotted to Indian students under Management category on the basis of merit based on marks obtained by them in BCAT 2017 entrance test. The last Date for submission of the form for Management Category is February, 2017 before 5:00 PM.
BVDU BCAT 2017 Eligibility
MCA ( Three Years Full Time )
Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration with Mathematics as a course at 10 + 2 level or at Graduate Level. Obtained at least 50% ( 45% in case of SC / ST category ) at the qualifying Examination.
MCA Second year Lateral Entry
Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration in BCA, BCS, B. Sc( IT / Computer Science ) with Mathematics as a course at 10 +2 level or at Graduate Level. Obtained at least 50% ( 45% in case of SC / ST category ) at the qualifying Examination. These Candidates are also eligible for MCA ( Three years full time program. )
Nature of entrance Test “B-CAT 2017”
All candidates desirous of taking admission for MCA Program must appear for B-CAT-2017.
The entrance test B-CAT 2017 for admission to MCA Program is a common entrance test for all the institutes of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. It will be conducted on February, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM. for duration of two and half hours. The candidates have to be present at the centre of the examination at 9:30 AM. positively.
The B-CAT 2017 Test will consist of in all 200 marks. It consists of 200 multiple choice questions one mark each with four alternatives. with only one correct or most appropriate answer. There is no negative marking. The break-up off marks will be as follows :
|Mathematics at Xth level||50||50|
|Mathematies at XIIth level||50||50|
|Logical and Abstract Reasoning||40||40|
|Fundamentals of Information Technology||20||20|
|C Language concepts||40||40|
BVDU BCAT 2017 Application Form
A candidate desirous of seeking admission to MCA program should submit the application form, enclosed along with this brochure, duly completed along with payment of Rs. 1,500/- towards entrance test fee in cash or through bank draft on any Scheduled Bank on any branch of Bharati Sahakari Bank Ltd. drawn in favor of “The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, payable at Pune.
The Completed application form along with payment of entrance test fee is to be submitted to the “Admission Office, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, L.B.S. Marg,Pune 411030 ” either in person or through Post / Courier.
The last date of submission of application form will be February, 2017 by 5:00 PM.
An incomplete application form or an application form which is not accompanied by necessary payment , will not be entertained and processed.
The University will not be responsible for any delay or loss of application/ admission card/counseling letter/any communication in transit. Such delay will not be condoned.
Online application Procedure
A candidate desirous of filling online application forms for MCA should visit the website www.bvuniversity.edu.in or www.bharatividyapeethuniversity.net The last date of submitting the application form is on or before February, 2017
The University will not be responsible for any delay or loss of Application / Admission Card / Counseling Letter / any communication in transit. Such delay will not be condoned.
BVDU BCAT 2017 Admit Card
Admission cards for B-CAT 2017 test will be dispatched by post to the candidates under the certificate of posting. The same may be e-mailed to you on the e-mail ID specified in the form. The admission card will indicate Roll Number and Test Center allotted to the candidate with its address.
The candidate must not mutilate this admission Card or Change any entry, made therein, after it has been authenticated by authorities.
In case the admission card is not received by the candidate, by February, 2017 he/she should contact at the office of concerned designated center or Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune one day prior to test during working hours for collecting duplicate admission cards. In such a situation candidate should bring two copies of the same photographs along with him / her and a proof of submission / mailing of the application form.
BVDU BCAT 2017 Exam Centers
The B-CAT 2017 Test will be held at following centers.
- The centre addresses of Lucknow and Patna will be communicated to candidates on their admit cards.
- The authorities of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, however, reserve the right to make suitable change in center venues or schedule of B-CAT 2017 test subject to exigencies of the situation.
BVDU BCAT 2017 Process
B-CAT 2017 is meant for MCA 3 year full time and MCA 2 year Lateral Entry. B-CAT examination of BVDU is compulsory for all which is schedule on February, 2017.
The admissions are strictly done on basis of merit and seats available at center. The Admission to direct 2nd year MCA is 20% of the intake and availability of vacancy of seats from 1st year. Subject to the above conditions, the final admission is based solely on the merit at the all India entrance test ( B-CAT ) conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune.
Candidates who are presently studying in the final year of Bachelor’s degree course can also appear for the entrance test and seek admission for MCA programe in the year 2017 – 18. However, They are eligible for admission only if
- The examination of all semesters/years ( regular as well as backlog ) will be completed by June, 2017
- The results of all semesters will be completed by July 2017, and
- The basic qualification mentioned in 2(I) above are full filled.
- The last date to submit all the certificates in original shall be August 2017. If the certificates are not submitted by the said date, the eligibility will not be granted and the admission would automatically stand cancelled.
BVDU BCAT 2017 Selection Process
A Candidate desirous of seeking admission to MCA Programme should fulfill the minimum eligibility condition as stated of this Information Brochure. He / She must have appeared for the B-CAT 2017 Test conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune at designated centres.
The Candidate shall be offered admission on the basis of his / her rank in the final merit list ( prepared on the basis of the marks scored at B-CAT-2017 Test ) and availability of the seats for the Program at a particular centre at the time of counseling and admission in the concerned Institute.
In the case of candidates securing equal aggregate marks their relative rank will be determined on the basis of following order of preference :
- In case of candidates scoring equal number of marks in B-CAT 2017, the candidates will be ranked according to the percentage of marks scored in aggregate at the HSC or its equivalent examination.
- If equal, the candidates will be ranked according to their percentage of marks scored in aggregate at SSC or its equivalent examination.
- If equal, their relative rank will be determined on the basis of computerised random numbering.
BVDU BCAT 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submitting the completed application form||February, 2017|
|2||Date and time of Entrance Test ( Written )||26th March, 2017|
|3||Declaration of Results||April, 2017|